School is back in session and I’m already starting to see pumpkin spice and Halloween items everywhere. Usually around this time I like to de-clutter and re-evaluate things. For example, I added new items to our portfolio and re-organized my files.
There are other things you can do as well like check your website’s performance and look for ways to improve it. Here’s my list of items I suggest everyone should do.
- Make sure your computer files and website are backed up to a secure, remote location and that they can be restored. If they can’t be restored, your back up is useless.
- If you’re using a content management tool like WordPress, make sure your plugins and security patches are up to date.
- Update your content to reflect changes in services or prices. Look at your analytics to determine areas for improvement for your content.
- Make sure your website is displaying properly on all web browsers and devices especially mobile/tablets.
- Upgrade your website to SSL since Google and web browsers will soon be penalizing websites that don’t have it.